Late June saw the start of Pre-Kinder for Darcy. The first few weeks we had Grandad look after Imogen, which was a great settling in period for Darcy without his little sister attending.
We already knew a few of the kids and parents from attending our local Launch into Learning at the Primary School. We've had to select our prefered option for school next year - we chose four days from 9am -1pm.
Once Imogen attended, she was hooked. I'm not sure who enjoys 'school' more. Thanks to a recent public holiday in Burnie, Devin was able to attend Pre-Kinder which was great for Darcy. Imogen however stood at the closed front door sobbing her little heart out saying 'school, school'.
This term we have been able to leave Darcy at Pre-Kinder for the last hour. It's been a great introduction to Kinder next year. I've got my fingers crossed that we'll be lucky enough to have this year's kinder teacher.
We've also had 'Oscar' (Kinder Budgie) come for a sleep over he was a much loved house guest by the kids. I wasn't too impressed having to clean up his mess.
Darcy is adjusting well and is already counting down till he can start Kinder. He likes to say that he'll be four when he starts Kinder but he turns five during the year. I don't know how I'll cope sending my little boy to school, but it'll be chin up at least until I walk out the school room.


2 comments:
Oh I remember all those anxious feelings when Jay started Kinder but after a week I loved that he was at school :) he loved it so much and it was nice to spend some time just with Noah and have a 'break' too. I'm sure Darcy will love it and you'll really enjoy the one on one time with Imogen. xxxx
How cute. I can't imagine having to send Harri to school without me, though he does it now with nursery I guess...must be his amazing Nursery Leader!
Darcy will do great, and I agree with Lisa, it will be nice for you and Imogen to have some 'girly' time.
Post a Comment