On Sunday Imogen and I were sitting in Sunday School listening to the lesson when I glanced down and noticed a little bug on Imogen's ear. I tried to remove it, but it wouldn't budge. I didn't really think anything of it until I tried to remove it the second time and it still wouldn't budge.
After consultation with some extended family (thanks heaps guys). It was agreed that she had a tick on her ear but it wasn't in very deep. I was clueless on how to remove such a thing, but Aaron has had experience removing the horrid little critters (and is a trained nurse) so we headed over to their house after Church to have it removed! Thanks so much.
I am still clueless as to how she got it on her but at least it was found early.
Post Edit - For all you curious people out there the tick was killed by a blown out match and then removed with tweezers (I think we were lucky that it was a 'little' tick and hadn't really established itself!).
10 comments:
Oh how scary!!!! Thank goodness you noticed it in time! I get freaked to think what could happen when I find them on Lucy, let alone on your precious little lady! :) Glad she's okay :)
Eeeewwww....how AWFUL. Poor little Imogen. And how strange that it should be a tick? Lucky Aaron was around. I wouldn't have known what to do either!! Fiona xxx
oh no! You poor thing! Prob just got it laying on the ground somewhere!!
oh poor Imogen! Glad you got it sorted quick and saw it!
Poor Immy! I had one of those on my back when I was 7 or 8 and Dad had to poor metho all over my back to get it off. Ughh, they're nasty.
That would have been a little scary! Just lucky it was on the ear and didn't go inside!
how scary...well the fact that you didnt know the potential of what a tick can do...lucky you saw it before it really burrowed in...Hattie had one behing her ear and she said she coulf feel it burrowing in...it took her a day to get over it.
Gross. Brave little girl! Sometimes you literally have to dig in yourself to get them out. Using tweezers and all. Glad you didn't have to go to that length.
Well done for picking it up early. You will have to revist the post and let us know how it was dealt with!
oh no. What a horrid story. Glad it all turned out okay and Imogen was too young to know what was going on!
Post a Comment